Puerto Galera lies approximately 100 miles due south of Manila and is situated on the north tip of Mindoro island across the Verdi island passage from Luzon (the main island where Manila is situated.) Travel time to Puerto Galera is around three and a half hours by bus and ferry. Upon arrival at Puerto Galera you travel to the resort via local motorized outrigger boat (banca).
A tourist transport operator (SIKAT LTD) operates from the City State Tower Hotel in Mabini St., Ermita Manila.
The tourist coach leaves at precisely 8 am every day. You alight at the port of Batangas for your ferry to Sabang. The bus and ferry trip takes around 3 1/2 hours and costs about 700 pesos per person one way. For the return trip, the ferry leaves Sabang every morning at 9:15 am to connect to the bus in Batangas.
The Swagman Manila also operate a bus leaving at 7.45 every morning from hotel in Ermita, Manila at a cost of approximately ₱650. private banca
La Laguna Beach Club and Dive Centre offers direct VIP airport transfers. The cost of a private vehicle is 3,200 pesos to Batangas. The cost of a boat directly to the Beach Club from Batangas is also 3,200 pesos but depends on the number of passengers which is regulated by the Philippine Coast Guard. Total travel time is approximately 3 hours.
Due to Coast Guard regulations, private boat travel can be restricted, please check with the Beach Club as to whether your arrival time in Manila is compatible.
Private Transfer Rates
- Private Land Transportation Air-condition Hi-Ace Van (good for 7 persons)(Retail/Non-Commissionable) From To Cost (Peso)
- Manila Airport Batangas – ₱3,200
- Batangas Manila Airport – ₱3,200
- Private Ferry Service (Retail/Non-Commissionable) From To Cost (Peso)
- Batangas to Puerto Galera Banca Boat – daytime – ₱3,200
- Batangas to Puerto Galera Banca Boat – nighttime (may include extra fee) – ₱3,200