Imagine a job where you actually love heading off to work every morning. As a PADI Professional, the possibilities are endless. Whether you work in a local dive centre, at a resort or on a liveaboard dive boat, the Adventure of a lifetime is yours for the taking.
PADI Instructor Development Course
The path to becoming an Open Water Scuba Instructor is consist of 10 components
- Preparation - 2 weeks minimum.
- Dive Theory Review (eLearning available).
- PADI AI / IDC / OWSI Foundational Knowledge (eLearning available) - 2 1/2 days.
- Emergency First Response Instructor Course - 2 days.
- IDC Demonstration Workshop (optional) - 2 days.
- PADI Assistant Instructor Course Practical Application - 4 days.
- PADI Open Water Scuba Instructor Program (OWSI) Practical - 6 days.
- Mock IE (optional) - 2 days.
- PADI Instructor Examination - 2 days.
- Instructor Internship (optional) - 1 month.
On the other hand, if you're already an instructor with another organization, We acknowledge your existing teaching experience and you may enroll.
You have the option of completing the PADI Instructor Development Course online which covers nine separate topics to prepare you for the practical sessions needed to complete your Assistant Instructor Course, Open Water Scuba Instructor Program or full Instructor Development Course. You can also complete the five areas of Dive Theory online which is required for Divemasters, the Open Water Scuba Instructor Program, Instructor Development Course and Instructor Examination.
OWSI Program prerequisites
- Certified as a PADI Assistant Instructor or as a current Instructor member in good standing with another recreational diver training organization.
- Be at least 18 years old.
- Be fit for diving and submit a medical statement for a diving medical examination conducted in the past twelve months.
- Have been a certified diver for the last 6 months and have completed and logged at least 60 open water scuba dives and have experience in deep, night and navigation diving.
Note: To attend an IE you must have at least 100 logged dives.
- Submit proof of EFR Instructor,within the last 24 months. If not we can provide the course 2 days prior before the IDC.
- Submit documentation of any equivalent certification for entry-level, advanced, rescue and leadership-level issued by another recreational diver training organization.
What you can teach
After successfully completing the OWSI program and IE, you will be certified to teach
- PADI Scuba Diver
- Open water Diver
- Adventure Diver
- Advanced Open Water Diver
- Rescue Diver
- Divemaster Course
- Teach and certify Peak Performance Buoyancy Specialty Divers and Project AWARE
- Teach and certify students in Emergency First Response (after completion of an EFR Instructor Course)
- Teach and certify students in a non-diving specialty, such as Equipment Specialty, after successful completion of a Specialty Instructor training Course
- You may also conduct Bubble maker, Discover Scuba, Scuba Review, Discover Scuba Diving, Discover Local Diving, Skin Diving and snorkeling programs.
Checkout our pricelist for IDC packages, cost and crew packs.