Looking for becoming a PADI Professional?
Our adventure into the professional levels of recreational scuba diving begins with the PADI Divemaster program. Working closely with a PADI Instructor, in this program you expand your dive knowledge and your skills to the professional level. PADI Divemaster training develops your leadership abilities, qualifying you to supervise dive activities and assist instructors with student divers. PADI Divemaster is the prerequisite certification for both the PADI Assistant Instructor and PADI Open Water Scuba Instructor certifications.
What You Learn
During the PADI Divemaster program, you learn dive leadership skills through both classroom and independent study. You complete water skills and stamina exercises, as well as training exercises that stretch your ability to organize and solve problems as well as help others improve their scuba. You put this knowledge into action through a structured internship or series of practical training exercises.
You also have an option to take tha Divemaster Course online, wherein you can do your PADI Dive Theory Online
Click below for PADI eLearning!
What You Can Teach
After becoming certified as a PADI Divemaster you will be authorized to:
- Supervise both training and non-training-related activities by planning, organizing and directing dives
- Assist a PADI Instructor during the training sessions for any PADI Diver course
- Conduct the PADI Skin Diver course and PADI Discover Snorkeling program
- Conduct the PADI Discover Local Diving experience
- Conduct the PADI Scuba Review program
- If qualified as a Discover Scuba Diving Leader, independently conduct the PADI Discover Scuba Diving program.
- Earn the PADI Digital Underwater Photographer Specialty Instructor rating to be able to teach the PADI Digital Underwater Photographer specialty
- Independently guide Open Water Diver course students on the tour portion of Open Water Diver course Training Dives 2, 3 and 4 at a ratio of two student divers per certified divemaster.
- Accompany Open Water Diver students under the indirect supervision of a PADI Instructor during:
surface swims to and from the entry/exit point and during navigational exercises
- when the instructor conducts a skill, such as an ascent or descent, a DM can remain with other student divers (with an student or buddy team)
- Accompany student divers during Adventure Dives or Specialty training dives under the indirect supervision of a PADI Instructor.
- Conduct the PADI Seal Team Skin Diver Specialist AquaMission
- Teach Emergency First Response courses after successfully completing an Emergency First Response Instructor course.
To take this course, you must be:
- 18 years old
- A PADI Advanced Open Water Diver (or qualifying certification from another training organization)
- A PADI Rescue Diver (or qualifying certification from another training organization)
- An Emergency First Response Primary and Secondary Care (or qualifying first aid and CPR training from another organization) course completion within the past 24 months.
- You can start the course after you certified as an Resue Diver and when you have 20 logged dives, but starting on July 1, 2011 40 logged dives, you can start working with real students, to be certified as a Dive master you must have 60 logged dives.
- Be fit for diving and submit a Medical Statement (PDF) signed by a physician within the last 12 months.
Other Courses That Will Prepare You for Success as a PADI Divemaster:
- Search and Recovery (Highly recommended)
- Deep Diver (Highly recommended)
- Boat Diver
- Coral Reef Conservation
- Digital Underwater Photographer
- Emergency First Response Instructor
- Emergency Oxygen Provider
- Enriched Air Diver (You can even sign up for the PADI Enriched Air Course Online!)
- Equipment Specialist
- Night Diver
- Peak Performance Buoyancy
- Underwater Naturalist
- Underwater Navigation
PADI Divemaster Course – $1,220
- Free 1 month Internship at Lalaguna Dive Center
- Divemaster Crew Pack
- 20 % discount on foods (LLBC Restaurant) with free use of WiFi
- Free T-shirt
DM Crew Pack
The Divemaster Crew pack includes all required materials for the newly revised Divemaster course including:
- Divemaster emblem
- DSD Instructor cue cards
- Divemaster Slates
- Encyclopedia of Recreational Diving
- Divemaster Manual
- Scuba Tune-up Guidebook
- PADI Professional Training log
- PADI Instructor Manual
- Divemaster Hologram